Home About Lookbook Inspiration Featured

Summer Essentials

Tuesday 9 July 2013

Hey guys,
So we know we've been super MIA, but Steph and I have such a hard time coordinating our schedules due to work and other summer shenanigans. But don't fret, it won't be like this forever. 

To get summer started, we'd like to share our summer essentials with you and how we mix and match it into our wardrobe. 
Personally, the only summer essential that I need in my closet is my black lacy bralette. Dress it up or dress it down, it's perfect for showing off some skin ;) 

shirt: OBEY; shorts: topshop; bralette: urban outfitters; shoes: zara

Here I paired my bralette with a tank with deep open sides (show off them side boobs), high waisted shorts and a vintage denim jacket I stole from my mother. Accessorized by a spiky statement necklace, orange clutch and my favourite pair of booties, mwa. 

top: brandy melville; skirt and beanie: american apparel; shoes: urban outfitters; purse: h&m

Black on black on black.. I paired my bralette with a low-back tank and a neon yellow beanie to add some colour. Black is always going to be the new black for me. 

top: brandy melville; purse: marc jacobs; pants: forever 21; shoes: urban outfitters

Caged-back crop tank paired with a silky patterned harem pant. Since the sun decided to hide it's face for 98% of this Toronto summer so far, these pants have been my summer nights go-to. 
Xoxo, Jaein. 

For my summer essentials I sort of threw in a bunch of basics, because I'm totally a basics kinda gal. My three basic summer essentials are definitely denim shorts, drapey black shorts, and a midi dress. 

cropped top: zara, watch: kenneth cole, denim shorts: levi

This first outfit is something that every girl wears on a daily basis: a cropped top and high waisted denim shorts. I'm also usually super minimal with accessories, minus a great watch, rings or a chunky necklace (which is what you'll notice in these pictures). I've also grown a serious new appreciation for my chucks from grade 7.

sandals: zara, tank: aritzia, jacket: nastygal/ark&co, shorts: aritzia

























Likewise Jaein, I've always headed towards all black everything. These sandals are may absolute go-to since they're just so basic. With my essential drapey black shorts, I paired a loose tank (this one has great metallic detailing), a silver ring, and a great jacket to finish the outfit. Mesh material, like my jacket, is one of my favourite things to wear when its so humid outside.

dress: aritzia, heels: zara, necklace: etsy, rings: asos, jacket: zara

First things first - these are the most AMAZING shoes. I can't express how much I love them (if you've seen my instagram you know). Since I tend to go towards black, they add a great pop of colour. It's also not totally obvious but the black item is a body con midi dress with thigh-high splits. It is super sexy, but can be turned casual when layered. I finished this look by adding a chunky gold necklace, gold rings, and my moto-denim jacket. 

Much love,
Steph

P.S Thanks for dropping by our blog, we promise to update with more posts. Hopefully you'll be back soon!





1 comment :