Home About Lookbook Inspiration Featured

SCHOOL DAZE

Friday 31 January 2014



Jacket: Wilfred Cocoon Wool Coat,  Turtleneck: Zara, Necklace: UO, Scarf: Wilfred,
Jeggings: Zara, Boots: Etienne Aigner

I am already undergoing mental preparation in anticipation of February's arrival. There's no need for me to provide an explanation, because I'm sure most of you are going through the same anxiety, which school can be thanked for. In combination with London's ground-breaking weather (quite literally, considering the December 'ice-quake'), I've been extremely reluctant to leave my warm and safe apartment to face the harsh realities of my surroundings. Forcing myself to look even decent is pretty hard nowadays, and I've been hiding my face in the warmth of my huge, blanket scarves and thick knits.

Hopefully by the time that we return from reading week, Mother Nature will be feeling a little nicer and provide us with warm enough weather for me to put away my boring, black boots--for good. As much as I loved them at the beginning of winter, I am more than ready to move on and start sporting some of my beautiful, new shoes. I've also been wearing these matte, leather jeggings from Zara a lot--maybe too much. They are one of my thickest pair of pants, and they go great with everything in my closet. 

I'm really hoping the weather lets up, even just a little. I'm also really hoping that school lets up, but obviously there's no such luck. In the mean time, I have online shopping to keep my spirits up and my bank account down. 

We all have to make sacrifices, right? 

Much love,
Steph 

-



Shoes: Nike, Trousers: Zara, Lipstick: Joe Fresh


I feel like I complain about this all the time, but school, please stop... I can't escape all this work and leisure time is so rare nowadays. Not to mention that all my friends are equally (if not more) stressed out than I am, which leaves me with zero friends, yay! 99% of my life is spent on campus, so obviously our photoshoot location was a random hallway, our BTS filled with just our backpacks, jackets and miscellaneous students walking to and from classes.

Besides being upset about school, one thing that makes me happy is my crewneck, which took copious hours of my life to find via the internet. My sweater understands my feels... I felt the sweater might have been a little aggressive, so I paired it with a pair of dark-floral trouser pants. And to keep my overall look more casual, my Nike wedge sneakers came out to play, which is cool cause they don't really see the light of day with all this snow.
Ps. Joe Fresh lipstick is the most underrated cosmetic that I own. It comes in the best colours, it's matte, and super affordable. Go check it out homies.

Life is hard, but I keep at it for the cute shoes. 
xoxo, 
Jaein 

No comments :

Post a Comment